From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:17:32 -0400
Hard veggies and hard dried fruits (store bought dried banana, for
example) have caused blockages in stomach, intestines, and even in
the esophagus. More commonly the cause of such blockages is rubber,
latex, or even a flexible plastic like plastic gloves. BTW, the type
of plastic used for the gloves used when hair preps are applied can
become hardened spirals that stick inside ferrets after processing by
the intestinal tract.

I get a new computer today! I'll have a comma key! (Got dizzy during a
recent influenza and accidently watered my computer when I was trying
to water a flower then when we looked it up we realized the current age
of my computer and Steve encouraged me to get a new one instead of a
repair -- and we already have a home for the old one -- so I get to be
spoiled more than I'd probably spoil myself. I hit the jackpot when
Steve and i began dating 30 years ago and married 19 years ago, and I
have always known that completely. There is nothing quite as wonderful
as being married with your very best friend ever and always having that
center for your universe.)

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: