From:
Kylie Preisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:59:15 -0000
Hello FMLers!

I'm back on the list after and absence of over a year.  Thankyou for the
welcome, BIG!  I hope Bob C still posts - his posts were always my
highlight of reading the FML.

To reintroduce myself: I'm Kylie Preisig, and I used to live in Perth,
Western Australia with five ferrets.  I was the secretary of the ferret
club there.

Due to my husbands studies, I now live in Queensland.  And you all know
what _that_ means.  No ferrets.

I had to leave my five furry ones behind.  I was thinking of smuggling them
into the state but I decided not to risk the fines and the unknow of what
would happen to the ferrets if I got caught.  They are in good hands with
some great friends of ours from the ferret club.  I didn't realise how much
I missed them until I started reading the FML.

Are there any underground ferret owners on the list from Queensland?  If so
I'd love to hear from you.  And if there is anyone on the list who is
actively campaigning for ferret legalisation in Queensland, let me know
because I want to get involved.

I contacted the South Australia ferret club on the way through, and they
have not yet presented their petition, and their contact who was organising
things from here was not doing much because of her new baby.

I'll be here for four years at least and I WANT MY FERRETS BACK!

Kylie Preisig
Brisbane, Queensland