From:
bosshart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:02:11 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I just had to relate this to all of you.I am a new ferret slave.I have had
my little guy since Easter.So I have a lot to learn.But what I do know I
tell everyone.I try to educate everyone I meet.(does that make me a true
ferret person???)Anyway.I was in the pet shop yesterday and there was this
cute little eyed white male.

What a nipper he was.And very,very hyper!!!!Anyway I was talking to a
couple who were watching us.I was talking about how active and that he
needed nip training bad.The guy said thats what happens when you keep wild
animals as pets.WHAT?????I wanted to jump down his throat!!!!But I kept my
cool and told him that they were not wild animals and that they were
domesticated longer that the cat.He looked at me wide eyed and said really?
I didn't know that.But they are still wild animals I said no he then
proceeded to tell me about the blackfooted ferret.I told him yea there are
wild ferrets but not the ones you can buy at pet stores.I told him it like
wolfs and dogs.dogs are a domesticated wolf so they are not wild anymore
but the wolf is.He was like oh ok.I don't know if I got through his thick
skull.But his wife was there listening and she came over and holding him.

But about this little fuzzy.I asked the owner if he thought he could sell
him?He said sure he would.I told him how nippy he was and he said that it
was normal for him to be that way.It was his age.He is about 4 or 5 months.
I said if he didn't sell him that I might be interested in him.I would hate
to see him get returned to their distributor and maybe distroyed.I think
all he needs is a little love.I dont think that this store plays with their
ferrets.I was holding him and keeping him still and scratching under his
chin and he would be still for a few minets.But then someone would walk by
and he would get hyper again.Is their some thing I could do for him?I would
be willing to go to the store everyday and work with him.The owner would
not mind.I go in their all the time to play with the ferrets.

Well thats all I have to say.Thanks for reading.

FUR POWER!!!!!!
Jen & Perry"Werry"(Mom,maybe I could show that other ferret how not to nip
and be so hyper)