From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 06:58:43 -0500
Hello,
I have a problem with introducing one of my newly added ferrets to the
others.  He is only 15 weeks old and full of spunk.  He does not get along
with the two older males, but Bear does get along with the 3 females just
fine.  We tried to introduce him to Loosewire and Buford, they whip the snot
out of him, to where we have to put him or the other two into the cage, we
have two cages, but was hoping to get all 6 into the condo.

Bear is not altered in anyway, and I am wondering if the reason that the
boys don't like him, is that they can smell his muskiness more, and their
rejecting him.  Buford was introduced to Loosewire, and the first day they
fought as well, but Loosewire whipped him, and by the next day, they are
bunk buddies.  But now the two turn and attack Bear.......HELP.  Someone
posted Bitter Apple by applying it on the other ferret, I am tempted to try
that.

Someone posted a recipe for doggie bone type treats for ferrets that he
makes for them, I will have to try an find the recipe again, sounds good,
BUT, have you ever seen the crumbs that are left in their dish, and are
thrown out?  Alot of them, sooooooo, I am thinking why waste that, by using
the crumbs and mixing it up to make some sort of treats with it.

Marti