From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 20:42:33 EDT
>>Lo <[log in to unmask]>
>>Re: Marshall tatts
>>
>>Our vet said the back foot tatt shows which distributor the ferret went
>>through after leaving Marshall's.  Back right foot means ferrets went
>>through Colorado on their journey to wherever.
>
>I live in New Jersey and I got two ferrets from the same store, on the
>same day 6 years ago.  They are the same age.  The pet store said all the
>ferrets they had arrived together.
>
>They both have their ear tattoos but one of them (Gunther) has a tattoo
>on his right (hind) foot.  I have often wondered why.  I can't believe
>that my "Gunther" was distributed through Colorado somehow.  That theory
>doesn't make sense to me.  If marshall's in New York & I'm in New Jersey,
>why would they ship ferrets throughout the country only to go to a
>neighboring state?

If you look closely enough, there is a tattoo on all MF hind feet.  The
sables are really hard to see; the albinos and whites of course much
easier.  It's usually between a toe.  I'll be curious to see if MF really
answers you.  I ha ve 4 sables, 1 silver mitt and 1 champagne...they all
have that tattoo however my vet had to point the one out on the sables as
I never saw it.

Barb and the 6 whirling dervishes...Gus, Hope, Bren, Kate, Tess and Cher

Please give to Aleutian Disease research...the ferret you save may be your
own.  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom