From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 12:47:20 -0500
Thanks to all the thank-you's from the last song, which I admit was
a bit "Mickey Mouse!" Now, for all you "Sound of Music" fans I present
the following, Based On Actual Observation and Scientific Evidence
(tiny teeth marks!):

  Emmett's List of "My Favorite Things"  (tune: My Favorite Things)

Nathaniel's sweatshirt and Johanna's sneaker
Little toys that come equipped with a squeaker
The shiniest, tiniest baubles and rings--
   These are a few of my favorite things!

Car keys and house keys and warm fuzzy slippers
Pocket-sized purses that close up with zippers
Hammers and screwdrivers, any old tool--
   These are just some of the things that are cool!

I'm a ferret
  Full of merit
    Pleased by every
      Thing I see--
As soon as I've spied it
  I've already decided
    It has to belong
      to ME!

Bags made of paper and bags made of plastic
Headbands and ribbons and bows-on-elastic
Jounce-y and bounce-y toys dangling from strings--
   These are a few of my favorite things!

Little board books that come from the library
(Ones that are small enough for me to carry)
Hairbrushes, toothbrushes, an empty cup--
   These are all things that I love to pick up!

To ignore me
  Doesn't floor me
    I don't really
      Give a hoot--
I simply retire
  So I can admire
    My beautiful pile
      Of LOOT!

Packages, boxes, junk mail and letters,
Shoes-es and socks-es and hand-knitted sweaters,
Buttons and belt-loops, a ski mask and glove--
  These are just some of the things that I love!

Towels and washcloths and old magazines,
Lefse and raisins, sausage and green beans,
The curly cord hanging from the telephone--
   These are the things I must have for my own!

When I spy a
  Brand-new object
    That I think is
      Mighty fine
I simply inspect it,
  Select it,
    Collect it--
      And boast that it's mine,
        All MINE!

lyrics c 1994 Cait Poulechat  Kate Pappas [log in to unmask]
Enjoy!