From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 11:50:30 -0500
Edward S. Plumer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> (2) Balin seems to have a "distended anus".  It protrudes about
> 2mm,  certainly much more than the two females we have.

We thought the same about Rusty.  It's probably nothing to worry
about, unless it looks red or swollen or Balin seems to be
uncomfortable.  Some variation in shape and size is natural; and
besides, if Balin's young enough that his full adult coat hasn't grown
in yet, you're just seeing a lot more protrusion than you would if
there were fur surrounding the area.  Once it grows, fur should also
help keep the litter from sticking.

Mason Weinrich asked about getting a friend for Slinky...:

I don't think there's any reason to look for a particular age or sex.
You're bound to get all sorts of responses from people who've had
better or worse experiences with one or the other, but it all depends
on how Slinky happens to react.  Find a ferret you just have to have,
and see how it goes.

--
- Pam Greene  <[log in to unmask]>
Ferret Central - <http://www.ceas.rochester.edu:8080/ee/users/rhode/index.html>