From:
Lynda Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:57:04 -0500
Hello, all.  I rarely post publicly, but this is an emergency.  The
owner of the 13 confiscated ferrets in California contacted me tonight
and asked for help.  He signed a paper today that released F+G from any
responsibility for the ferrets---something he did NOT want to do, but was
forced to if there is to be any chance of the ferrets being sent out of
state instead of euthanized.  Fish and Game has agreed to let the ferrets be
examined by a vet (although it is a vet who is NOT ferret-knowledgeable),
but it is going to cost $35 per ferret, or a total of $455.  Then, if the
ferrets are to be shipped out-of-state, the air fare will be in excess of
$500 also, from what I am told.

This, of course, is over and above the court costs that the owner will
incur.  He says that he will deal with the court costs, etc., as they come,
but is reduced to asking for help for the ferret's costs.  He is desperate
at this point, and worried to death about his babies.  If you can spare a
bit to help, I promised I would be the "contact person" and keep an
accounting of all funds and expenses.  Please give generously, as I told
him that the FML would come through!!  Send any donations to me at:

Lynda Reid
105 S. Drake
Manhattan, KS  66503

Thanks so much for any help you can give; give your little ones an extra =
hug and thank goodness that you CAN!

Lynda (Razz) and the crew