From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:34:27 -0800
I may be wrong in my thinking-but I just had to offer my experience on
dealing with death.  When I was 19 I got a cat.  I had her 3 years before
I had my first child.  She was my baby before I had babies.  When I was 38
years old, she died-just a few months short of her 20th birthday.  I had
had this cat for most of my adult life and she was my best friend.  She has
been gone over 5 years and I still grieve.  Everyday, it still hurts.  I
never got another cat-have several stray barn-type cats, but not a pet-type
cat.  After years of trying to deal with the emptiness her passing left, I
got ferrets!  I still miss her terribly.  You cannot replace one animal
with another!!  And because I know how deeply I am capable of grieving-I am
already dreading the deaths of my ferrets.  I love them so completely and
just cannot imagine my life with out them.  The only comfort I can take-and
it is a small comfort, is that I know when my time is up, I will be
reunited with them.  It's not much, but for now, I will love them, and care
for them to the best of my ability, and be thankful for everyday I have
with them!  GO...NOW...HUG YOUR FUZZIES!!!!!