From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 20:15:09 -0600
Not to contradict Signe Peerson from yesterday, but regarding cottonballs,
stiches and carpet fluff...,

I cut my arm at work, somewhat deep and 1/4 inch wide.  The regular looker
after type person wasn't there so the filler in person looked after me.  I
washed out the cut and she proceeded to apply some sticky antibiotic stuff
with COTTON.  Not a good idea, the cotton came off the ball and went into
my cut and when it scabbed over was still sticking out of the cut, there's
probably still some in my arm.  Yeah I guess I could have cleaned it all
out but when it starts to close up ripping cotton out is harder than you
think.

Anyhoo, just a word of caution.  If cotton works to get the fuzz off the
stitches, then of course use it.  But, it's in the nature of the cotton
ball to shed cotton and you could end up with cotton fuzz and carpet fuzz
etc, in you ferret's stitches.  GAUZE or a wet face cloth may work just as
well without adding to the fuzz problem, just a word of caution for those
of you who don't have cotton in your arm.

 :)
Lara

[P.S.]
By the way Signe, your ferret math calculations were great!  It really does
put things in perspective.

CottonArm