From:
FerretMom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:55:26 -0000
Two posts recently touched my heart.  One person lost their ferrets from a
fire due to a lightening strike and the other from the loss of power.  We
always hope our kids are secure in our homes.  I'm sure you are both
devastated beyond belief.

I have worried about losing power since I found out that all my outlets are
on the same circuit breaker - and this includes the air conditioner.  But I
have used this to my advantage.

I pluged my telephone answering machine into the same circuit as the source
of the cooling.  I then call home a couple times a day when the weather is
hot.  If the answering machine picks up, I know there is power and cooling!
It's a simple "monitor" but it gives me peace of mind.

    -Carla