Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:52:39 -0800
If you want to try your hand at raw foods as you mentioned, there is
a yahoo group called Rawpaws and also one raw food group specifically
for ferrets, NaturalFerrets. Rawpaws is good for general ideas about
grinders, equipment, suppliers, and NaturalFerrets is of course, good
for diet ideas, requirements, and the like.

As far as just a few tricks I've done to get some raw "treats" (cornish
game hen and raw chicken breast) to be eaten - four will eat raw
chicken breast without a problem, which is fun when we are cooking and
have scrap (I am a horrible meat cutter so there's a lot of good meat
cut off). Then the others think it's disgusting like a person would. So
I've (I know this sounds sick) basted ferretone on a few chicken pieces
before, so they'd get the taste of the raw chicken in their mouth as
they lick the raw chicken. If you do that enough, it may help turn them
LOL. But, I haven't gone to an all meat diet - I don't have a grinder,
or enough time yet to sit down and create the balanced type of diet
that they require. You need a certain amount of bone, organ meat, and
muscle, along with additional supplements, to create that balance and
it can be tricky when you first start out to get everything right.

Good luck!!!!

Laryssa