From:
Annie Styer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 19:34:17 -0400
>Specifically about cinnamon versus champagne.  Cinnamon in ALL standards
>claims a red tone.  "The guard hairs are a reddish-brown color" from
>http://www.acmeferret.com/life/shows/cinn.htm and "rich light reddish
>brown" from http://www.ferret.org/afa_colors.htm which is LIFE and AFA -
>the two most widespread standards.
>But its just not there.  The ferrets called cinnamon are not red.  They are
>"tan or diluted version of chocolate" (Also the AFA page cited above.)

I wonder if there really is a "true" red cinnamon around anymore!!!

>Champagne is a dilute of chocolate.  ...
>breeding if one actually knows what to look for.  Some standards mention a
>red sable that is to cinnamon as chocolate is to champagne.  We've never
>seen one.  ...
>The orange (red) coloring was described (by an LOS NJ officer and hence LIFE
>oriented not an AFA person) as being caused by food dye.

This post brought me to an interesting thought.  With all the confusion
between different colors, different standards, with different names, and
different organizations saying what's what, wouldn't it be nice if there was
ONE standard, one color/pattern chart to follow?  With the different color
patterns, people activly showing their ferrets have to earn two separate
totals of points because there's the LIFE points and AFA point system.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was just one show system to acquire points
with?  All the organizations could remain the same, just have one universal
showing system.  How hard does anyone think this would be?  Does anyone
agree or disagree with me?  Drop me an email and let me know what you think.
Any comments are welcome.

Ann
email at [log in to unmask]