From:
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 14:20:10 -0400
Well, i have some fantastic news to share with you all, but as usual,
i'll start with some sad stuff.  A couple of weeks ago a very special
boy joined me and his sister across the Bridge.  His name is Lance and he
was adopted by auntie Cindy almost 6 years ago.  His owner was a young
girl who had some mental "issues" and was found trying to drown Lance.
Sadly, Lance's sister was already dead.  Lance lived a great life with
a great mommie and daddy and had a brother called Oakley and a sister
called Footsie.  He joins them now, here with me.

The shelter has adopted out a TON of ferrets in the last two weeks.
Mishie, Shiraz, Zoey, Mika, Amelia, Gwen and FLEUR who disguised herself
as Gem and snuck in with Amelia and Gwen to go to a new home!!!  Poor
little Gem is still here and it took us a few days to figure out she
WASN'T Fleur!  Eddie went home this weekend as well as mommie's two cute
boys, Wolfie and Oliver.  You'll remember the boys from the Paris rescue,
they were the kids found with the eaten ferrets.  i'm sure many of the
volunteers will be sad they are gone, but we're ALL happy they have found
forever homes!

The Easter kids are finally getting over their bout with ECE.  Tika
went into the vet this week because she wasn't looking so well.  It was
determined that she has a HUGE right adrenal and she was given both a
melatonin implant and a Lupron shot.  the volunteers are hoping to come
up with a fund-raiser to help get her surgery.

mommie has a new mouth appliance to help re-align her jaw after she
messed it up in that accident a few years ago.  she sounds like daffy
duck an no one can understand her when she speaks!!!  the ferrets all
think it's funny and 'chat' back to her with giggles when she speaks!

My love to you all,
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>