From:
Shirley Hewett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:33:31 +1100
[Moderator's note: Tippy and Speedy were stolen from Shirley's apartment
a few days ago.  BIG]

My son and I recovered Speedy's body tonight.  She was killed by a dog in
a neighbouring suburb.  I like to think that she did not die in vain
because the discovery of her body lead to the our finding Tippy alive and
well.

When I got home from work I received a call from a man, who had seen one
of my pamphlets, to say his dog had just killed a ferret in his yard.  I
went straight over, identified Speedy and brought her poor body home.
Just before dusk,my son and I went back to the neighbourhood and walked
the streets talking to the anybody we saw and putting pamphlets in
letterboxes.  As we circled back to near where Speedy was found, we
noticed some kids playing in a park so I spoke to them and handed them
each a pamphlet.  One of the kids said that his dad had just bought a
ferret and if it was mine, did he get a reward.  I told him he would and
we walked to his house and he brought out TIPPY.  His dad said that he
had paid $10 for her to the a person who lived next door to where Speedy
was found.  I will go back tomorrow and give the kid his reward and
reimburse his dad.  I will notify the police of the address of the people
(for want of a better word) who stole my babies, and let them deal with it.

The joy of having Tippy home; her ecstasy at being reunited with her
family and not having to be in a cage any more is clouded by the death of
Speedy.

I must try to move on from the hatred I feel towards the ones who caused
her death.  At this moment I want revenge and to hurt and to never forgive.

Instead of praying for the return of my sweet babies, now, could you
please pray for me to achieve peace and the the strength to forgive.

To all of the wonderful FMLers who contacted me with messages of advice
and hope, and to all who had Speedy and Tippy in their prayers, my sincere
thanks.

Love & Dooks
Shirley