From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:30:04 -0800
Didn't post last night, one day just seems to flow into another, and guess
i just forgot.  I have received so much compassionate email since my
search for Eppy has begun, it has made me realize that there really are
some good human beings still left in this world.

I am being dealt another crushing blow.  I w/not go into detail, but i am
being compelled to quit or lose my job anyway?  So what is the difference.
Their excuse now is that i smell ferrety?  I have worked there for 7
years, and have had ferrets longer than this issue has been brought up, so
why now?  This is actually the first time it has been mentioned.  I have a
good inkling who is behind it, consorting with management, but...i guess
what is the point of sticking my finger in someones face.  It is very hard
to work for someone you know doesn't want you there anyway, so.

NO news on Eppy, still.  I did get a call last night from a very nice
elderly woman, who had once had ferrets herself.  She called to inquire
as whether or not he had been found.  She also put me on to some ferret
shelters (out of town), as she remarked that Kenosha doesn't have many
ferret lovers here.  I learned that.  She wants to meet some of my little
ones, and we had quite a conversation.  She also told me that she and her
husband had once had 3 skunks, and that they were traffic stoppers in
their heyday.  Other than the first possible sighting call the shortly
after putting up the fliers, i have received only one call other than last
night, from another compassionate animal lover who said she would keep an
eye out for him.  Otherwise nothing.

Right now, i am physically, mentally, and emotionally drained.  If i quit
work, i will have more time to dedicate to my home, animals and family, it
w/b tough for awhile, but...i believe my husband told me we will manage
somehow.  I really need this time to just get myself together, so i may
seize the opportunity & it will give me an edge on finding Epimetheus too.
I have been given a choice, my animals or my job?  I am not wanted @ the
company, and i have felt this coming for sometime, so i would surely
choose my animals over them, anyday.  I will also have time to scour the
house once again, it isn't much of a house to scour, but you never know,
i have to work both ends till i find Eppy.  I prayed that he would be
returned to me, everyday.  I have to look in my heart for him right now,
that is the only place and way that i can keep him safe and warm.

Thank you all for the compassionate, warm and loving emails that i have
received.  Any suggestions are always welcomed, i am sure there is
something that i have forgotten along the way, trying to keep up a pace
in the fast lane, when i long for a quiet one.

Eppys heartbroken mommy