From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 16:37:36 -0700
I have 2 questions I'm hoping someone (vet or anyone) can answer.

I've been battling a flea problem for some time now & am planning on
attacking them full force this weekend w/ Fleabusters (my vets
recommendation), in addition to thorough cleaning/bathing etc.  for my
fuzzy-girl Jasmine.

The problem is that she has been scratching so much she is getting tiny bald
spots on her head, yikes!  She also has what looks like either a nasty flea
bite or cut under her chin that I know is bothering her because she rubs her
chin on the carpet when I let her out of the cage.

Is it dangerous to let fleas inhabit your living space and ferrets for very
long?  I'm getting worried that something worse than the scratching and bald
spots will happen soon.  Also, what should I do to soothe her sore areas?
I've tried MF ferret flea spray, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Finally, Jasmine also developed a weird habit of rubbing her behind on the
carpet/floors AFTER she's used the litter box... as if the floor were toilet
paper or something!  Does anyone else experience this sort of thing w/ their
fuzzy?  My vet recommended using Vaseline or aloe vera lotion on her bottom
because he thought it might be irritated.

Any help would be much appreciated (from me and Jasmine!)   :)  A quick post
on the FML would be great since I'm from the forbidden state....

Thanks!
Jennifer (the mom)
& Jasmine (the fuzzy)