From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:38:08 EST
Hi to all,
Well its been very busy here at the 24 Carat Ferret Shelter.  Last week a
total of 12 ferrets came through our doors, making a total of 56 for the
new year.  Some of the little ones are older adrenal ferrets but some are
very cute young ones that are going to be ready for adoption this week.
Adoptions have been very slow but we did find homes for 2 pairs this
week, which really helped.  both pairs found wonderful loving homes with
families that have already adopted from us before.

Fuzzit will be undergoing surgery this week for his prostatic cysts and
to have his right adrenal debulked.  this is his second surgery and I'm
keeping my hopes up that he will be ok.  With out the surgery his
prognosis isn't very good.

Please give us a call if you are interested in adopting or taking in a
few oldies but goodies.  My poor foster families are probably cussing
me out as they are taking in old timers and biters.  They are all so
wonderful, I really couldn't take care of so many with out their love
for the fuzzies and helping out as much as they do.

We have a big event on March 29th, from 11-5 at Sam Boyd Silver Bowl.
The 4th annual Pet-A-Palooza happens.  we will have a motor home out
their with the fuzzie ambassitors, information, ferret stuff to buy,
games and more that I just can't remember right now, lol.  come on over
and visit us and hang out, its always a great event and our booth is the
funnest!!!

I'd also like to make a gentle reminder about our March Maddness Raffle,
with all the fuzzies comming in and all the surgeries, etc that have to
be done, we really are hoping for it to be a great success.  total value
of the prizes is well over $600.  And, depending on how well the raffle
goes, there may be more prizes added as we go.  so please visit our
website and look at the raffle page and take a chance to win one of the
great prizes and help out ferrets in need at the same time.

Thanks to Ed and Sandy and Betsy for getting it all together and taking
care of the raffle for me, leaving my time free for the ferrets.

Also thanks to Stacy for her great package with ferret toys, what a
creative gal you are!!

And thanks also to Yvonne for your donation through SOS, and as always
thanks to Marylou and Melissa and Ferrets magazine for their continued
support of the shelter.

One last thing, thank you to everyone that send cards and letters about
Pudgy's passing, I haven't answered all of them but its still painful to
me having lost her.

Well I've rambled on enough, so thanks to all my friends for all of your
help and support.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter