Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 17:32:05 -0500
Today, I is drop-dead tired, de kits were up all nite, wanting to play.
Dey dont ever get tired. I wonders why I ever took Isabel and Calvin
in. Oh now I remembers--dey tought I was dere mommy. I keeps reminding
myself I must look up dere real mommys in de Boss's big book. But
somehow de time always slips away. But today de kits are in kit school.

Oh my here comes my newest crosser. Oops! its Barbara and she is a
domestic skunk. Right up to me she trots and introduces herself

Hi! I am Barbara and you must be SaraFerret. Mommy always told me
that you would be the one to meet me even though I wasnt a ferret.

Oh really, I replys.

Barbara says, well now that I am here, can I just turn around and go
back home and be with Mommy Debi esp since we have met and all that.

I drape my paw around Barbara's shoulder and gently tell her dat once
you cross de bridge dere is no return--dat dis is de beginnin of de
first day of her new life.

A big tear drops out of de corner of Barbara's eye. Oh rats!, she
exclaims. And sighs a big sigh and says, Well I guess I will just
have to get used to it.

I tells her dat dere is some good news for de future, dat one day
distant dat Mommy and Daddy will join her and cross de bridge to meet
her and dey will dance for joy together just not right now. She looks
at me and says, Cool!, I'll accept that.

Okay, I tells her, lets go off to get wings and halo even tho its
unusual for skunks even domestic ones to get de wings. But since
you have been living wit ferrets you will need dem so you wont feel
different. So off we trot to de wing pwace to get her fitted. Dere
are lots of wings. But none wit her name, Some are on de counter, so
Barbara patiently looks tru dem. First one color den another, den de
next. Decisions, decisions. Den she finds de perfect ones. A pair of
unusual colored ones dat I have never seen before. Dey are a pair of
soft blue ones wit dark blue stripes woven in and out of dem. (Wowsie,
dose wing-makers are getting creative). She tries dem on wit my help
and gets her halo on.

Den we start looking tru de book for a place for a place for her to
live. Do you want to live in a place where domestic skunks live? Or a
mixed group of ferrets and skunks? Or a group of ferrets who just dont
care who stays?

Probably a group of ferrets who just dont care, she says. Okay we start
looking--not dat group, Sara tinks--too crazy, wait dis group is great.

And off to de loudspeaker we go, and I announce Josephine Ferret from
cottage 84 report to Kit and Kaboodle, for possible new house guest.
Zip, zip, zip. Josephine is here. I introduces Josephine to Barbara.
Well I can see dey are gonna be good friends and soon all of cottage
84 shows up. (Ferrets are just dat way). I ask Barbara if she wants a
hammock or blankets and she says she brought a red blanket wit her and
she prefers dat but she had best take a hammie just in case.

But she did say as she trotted off wit her new cottage mates dat she
loves her Mommy oh so much and dat she sent a kiss by de morning star
to her and hopes she catches it.

Hugs and loveys from de Bridge

SaraFerret