From:
Cheryl M Forbis/DELCO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 10:27:32 +0000
O.K.  I've seen enough pleas for effective flea control that I gotta speak
up.  I have found a completely effective natural flea control product with
no harmful chemicals that is also a great skin conditioner.  I use brewers
yeast with garlic.  Yes it really works!  I saw a post on it a couple of
weeks ago on the FML from some one else also saying it worked for them so I
know its not just a freak of nature going on at my house.  It comes in
powdered or pellet forms from many different sources.  For my ferrets, I use
the powder mixed with a little chicken baby food and a little water, but you
can also just sprinkle it on their dry food.  The dosage is on the bottle.
I estimate on the high side just in case and you can't really overdose them.
It makes their coats really nice and no bugs will even get on them.  It
works for dogs and cats too.  If you have fleas right now and you start
giving them this stuff, in one month there will be no fleas as long as you
keep changing their bedding and spraying your house during that period.  I
have had two flea free years without the use of any other products.  Try it
it can't hurt.

CHERYL

[Moderator's note: I know some people have had great success with garlic,
though remember that garlic may cause Heinz-body anemia.  I don't know how
much or how litte a ferret tolerates though.  BIG]