Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:19:21 -0500
I've been a list member for over 5 years (can it be) but I rarely post to
the list.  Unfortunately it takes a problem with one of my little ones to
make me come out of lurk mode.  Nancy (5 y.o.  MF female) has inoperable
adrenal disease (she's already been operated twice) and she's developed this
strange sore on her side.  This morning before work it wasn't there and then
when I arrived home, there it was.  As expected, Nancy has no hair expect a
few fringes on her head and legs.  She has very dry skin which I constantly
moisturize for her.  She's fairly itchy but not excessively so.  But she has
scratched so hard at this spot on her skin that it is bloody.  I've put some
antibiotic cream on it and covered it with some gauze.  But it doesn't stay
on very well (as expected with this little slinky).  I'm just wondering
could this be a mast cell tumor and if so is there anything I can do to make
her more comfortable?  Do you think that it could just be an itchy spot?
And how do you tell the difference?  I have Hillyer and Queensberry's book
but the photograph is not very clear and it gives no clear information on
care.  Also, is this indicative that the cancer is spreading more throughout
her body?  She'll definitely see her vet but you all have more practical
experience than he and can help me deal with this.  Please help me out, I'm
very worried about her.

Thank you very much,
Jennifer