From:
jennifer hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:12:41 -0400
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who was saying prayers for Julia, and everyone who
responded to the posting on 7/22/04.  My mother dipped further into
wedding money she had set aside for us, to help us pay for the surgery.
We did end up taking her to Dr. Gold who had been a vet at Falls Rd,
and had recently opened his own vet hospital in another county.  My vet
actually called him to find out if he was cheaper then their clinic was.
My vet said he couldn't do anything about the price because he didn't own
or run the clinic, so he had no decision making power like that.  So we
picked her up yesterday morning and took her to Harford County and Dr.
Gold did the surgery for $500.  Much more reasonable.

She had problems with her blood pressure during the surgery, but by the
time I got to see her she was doing a little bit better.  Dr. Gold said
she gave everyone a scare.  Her wound was starting to come apart at the
surface of her skin when I saw her (her sutures are under the skin), so
he fixed that up pretty quick, and now I am just waiting for them to
open so I can call and check on her, make sure she was okay overnight.
Barring any unforeseen complications, Dr. Gold said we could take her
home around 11am today.  I am so relieved, I don't think I could have
lived with myself if I hadn't been able to do something for her.

That said, we're starting a ferret account, it's going to be a savings
account with money for the fuzzbutts only.  Just in case.  Julia says
thank you so much to everyone, it was your thoughts and prayers along
with mom's money that really helped.  She said I have to write the thank
you since her little paws are not made for keyboards, and she's got the
IV in the right arm anyway.

Julia
Jen and Archie
(Frankie, Charlie, Cailin, Sammy, Wolfie , and Toby-the brothers and
sister)