From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:55:30 -0400
HI friends - Blossom here!

I am the prettiest gal at Ferret Wise ( do not tell ms Biscuit okay?  )

Well we gots some good news, some not so good news today.  The first
thing that Mom was so happy to hear is the ADV testing came back
NEGATIVE.  She was smiling a lots and even let the new kids Dapper &
Sketch out to play with Biscuit, Austin and yours truly Hooray!  The
little kids were so happy to play they was dancing sideways!  Mom also
noticed they are getting to be a tad better in the potty box area too.

The not so good news today is that our elder guy Pancho over at St
Gregory's who came to use several years ago as a stolen lab ferret with
IBD, passed away to rainbow bridge today.  He had had surgery for a
prepucial tumor last November and was doing pretty great right up until
this AM.  Last night he trotted down the hall sipped soup, ate kibble
and seemed very bright, today he was in pain and would not eat or play,
everyone in the room Skipper, Onyx, Oleg and Vanya slept o top of him to
keep him warm.  Hospice Mom Judy noticed that just over night he grew
another big big lump.  He was too old and too skinny to fix again, so Dr
George helped him on his way- just like he wanted.

Another shelter kid, Dargo the GI ferret quietly passed away under th4
loving care of hospice folks Randy & Cindy Roberts.  He just was too old
to make his homecoming .  In the nearly 2 years that Dargo was under the
shelter care ( intake 7/28/2004) waiting for his Dad to return from the
war he received over $6,000.00 in care which included Melatonin implants,
monthly lupron injections emergency surgery, diagnostics and nutrition.
(This of course does NOT include the several emergency visits &
ultrasound that the Roberts' paid for out of pocket)  The folks at Ferret
Wise want to thank the individuals who have supported our work... we

could not provide this kind of care without your help!  Emily remains in
our care and she has begun to show adrenal symptoms now, she is on both
melatonin and lupron injections monthly.  Still it is kind of hard on the
humans here, losing the elder ferrets.

A little funny note here-- AUSTIN has decided since JJ got here that he
wants a stripe too!  After several years as a bibbed chocolate he grew a
stripe which starts at the top of his head much like JJ's!.  Well I could
not have that so I great one too~ Mine is bigger, wider and much prettier
than the boys!  Momma misses the panda head but I am sooo proud of my new
colors!

The shelter folks finally broke down & replaced the AC unit in our
shelter room with one with a thermastat, now we won't get icy chills, it
will only cool us off a little.  Mom thinks that will help save us
lectric money.  And speaking of lectric money check out the current ebay
items which do help us here at the shelter.  It takes lots and lost of
money for AVD testing, vaccinations, fecal checks, surgeries, lupron &
melatonin..  specially when there are so many older kids.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcreativekolorQQhtZ-1

FERRET DESIGN TEE sz 2X  for Ferret Wse  ENDS:  Jul-05-06 09:08:44 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180002534934

FOAMY FRIES & TOYS for ADV testing  ENDS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180003449184

There is lots more goodies hiding on the ebay pages for gifts or special
keepsakes please check them out!

PS - Lucky continues to do great after having his big ole spleen taken
out.  He can trot down the hall for treats in god order now!

Well I gots to go now- I am waiting to play with the new kids Dapper &
Stretch- Momma is going to be placing them on the Petfinder soon so after
they get vaccinations they can go to new homes!

Many bouncy licks form Blossom,
spokesferret  www.ferretwise.org