From:
Rich Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:29:34 EDT
hi all

well its time i put in my two cents werth.

sofare i've read all the comments about selling pets in wannabe petstores
but nobody has hit the mark!  i for one if i found a furball that needed
to be rescued i'm not going to leave it behind just to make a statement
becouse the next person in the door is buying his/her first one.

what is needed is to get our legal system off its butt and enforce some
of these laws.  insted of stabing each other.  i think if we want these
stores to stop selling animals we need to make it to expencive for them
ie- when the fines for abuse and neglect, and under age furballs cost
more than the cost of a new shipment of animals.  we might see some
results.

oh i realize they will just rase the price of these animals but after a
while they will be to expencive and nobody can afford to buy them.  and
when those that enforce the laws get tired of a weekly check /up on these
stores they may finally do something after hundreds of complaints from
pet owners calling about conditions of animals.

there i've said my piece now i'll be quiet and go back to reading my
fml....

rich samantha & the ghost of pogo