From:
Brooke Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 07:02:16 -0500
Well, I can't find the original post about the doxie questions...just the
replies.  Thought I would share my info a bit.

I hae 8 ferrets and a 1.5 yr old mini doxie and they are all best friends!
Actually, Wishbone, the doxie, seems to think that he is a ferret.  This may
be due to the fact that we brought him home when he was 7 weeks old and we
had 3 ferrets at that time.  Two of those ferrets had grown up with other
dogs, so they realized he was just a big play toy.  Wishbone does tend to
play rough with the ferrets, but they are even rowdier with him most of the
time...dive-bombing him from the bed, trying to drag him off by his cheeks,
etc.

It truly depends on the individual dog's temperament.  Wishbone is
high-strung, but very playful.  As I said, they all love eachother here!
For a pic of Wishbone playing with Pewter, go to Pewter's page....
http://members.aol.com/FerretFun/pewter.htm

I do not leave the ferrets out with Wishbone unless we are home, just in
case.  We do let them play together in the ferret room though.  It is the
best way to keep Wishbone from bothering company...just let the ferts out
and put Wishbone in their room and he is a happy puppy!

Time to go....hope this info is of some good...

Brooke
Cody, Indy, Kiwi, Dizzi, Darwin, Ekko, Pewter and Freddie...and Wishbone
too!
http://members.aol.com/FerretFun/frenzy.htm