From:
Debi Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:46:37 -0600
Oh my.

From the tone of your post, Jennifer, I'd guess you were expecting me to
be offended and demand that you document your accusation of erroneous
information.  Quite the contrary, since you don't know me, your criticism
isn't the least bit out of place and it's good that you don't immediately
believe everything that you read.

In this case, however, some small amount of research on your own part
could have saved you the lengthy composition.

The archives of the FML are an extremely rich resource for ferret
owners.  I highly recommend that you look through them so that you
might experience some of the horrors of tormented, unnecessary deaths
as well as the relief of ferret owners who found a way to prevent the
reoccurrence.

If you simply don't want to do the research, I'll repeat my findings for
your benefit:

500+ vaccinations, a period of 5 years, our reaction rate went from 20%
to less than 1% by using the protocol I posted (Fervac D).  Additional
specifics are in the archives.

I'd be glad to send you my vet's contact information in a private email
if you would like to speak to him about his life saving advice... which
he originally used with dogs having reactions to rabies vaccinations and
suggested we try with ferrets after a near-death in his clinic.

I'd be delighted to see definitive research financed.  Until then, I
prefer to have sleepy ferrets for 4 days, than hover over a ferret
hanging on to life by a thread and an oxygen mask.

Thank you for questioning.  We all need to be reminded that all
information is not necessary good.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home
<http://www.ferrets1st.com/>