From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:23:27 -0400
 1) Did you plan to have the pet you presently have?
Most of them.  Five ferrets, 2 were impromptu (fell in love with them at
the shelter) Two horses, one filly that I planned for years, the second a
foster which I didn't plan on but was a wonderful opportunity to have a
great horse without a lot of the cost.

>2) Is there a set limit to the money you would spend on keeping your
>    animal alive?
No, if there is hope, it is my responsibility to see that my animals
have the opportunity to live full, healthy lives.  Their health is not a
matter of convenience or budget it is my responsibility as a fuzzyparent
(which is probably why I moved in with my mother)

>3) Do you find it easier being with an animal than humans?
Without a doubt

>4) Do you live in your parent's basement?
This is a very odd question, but I considered it to allow the ferrets
more freedom but did not want them to lack natural sunlight and it was
too closed off so we have restricted access in the upstairs.

>5) What do like most about you present animal?
Ferrets: Their personality, intelligence, persistence and
mischievousness.  In otherwords, I love trouble makers!
Horses: Their nobility and their gentle nature and their trust in humans.

>6) What do you dislike about your present animal?
Ferrets: Selective potty habits and digging holes in the carpet if the
plastic gets moved from the door
Horses: The cost of boarding them someplace with worthwhile care and an
environment conducive of being a horse.  Oh yeah and the people can be a
bit challenging at times.

>7) Would you recommend your pet to most people?
No, these guys deserve as much attention as children and if you are
not able to give it then pass on a ferret and get goldfish.  I would
recommend horses over ferrets if you are in a knowledge environment,

Those who know me, think I'm nuts.  But I believe when we take on a pet,
it's for life and your life is in your hands so it is up to us to make
sure it is the best possible life for them.  And they give so much back.

Amy Robbin
Human Resources
SeaChange International, Inc.
Phone:  (978) 897-0100