Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:03:56 EDT
Dear TM...(RE shelter)
Have you ever thought that maybe your ferret is mad at you for leaving
him there?  Ferrets are very sensitive and maybe he just didnt like the
food...and quite possibly is trying to tell you not to leave him in a
strange place ever again.  And also yawning with teeth showing is normal.
You try yawing with out your teeth showing.

Dear Faith...(RE Ferret Bathing)
When I let my ferrets play in the mud, I think they would be happier if I
did not bathe them, and ,they would, Im sure eventually clean themselves
off.  But due to all of the germs and worms that can be in regular mud
(yes you really can get sterilized dirt and put it a baby pool etc...)
I give them a bath.

Dear Kristine...(RE bath-time)
I had a ferret that was terrified to even go near the bath-tub in my arms.
Try not bathing Crash for a long time (they don't really need baths unless
theyre actually dirty).  Then, every day, just hold him and talk quietly to
him while walking in the bathroom.  If you hold him and show him that you
are OK with the tub, then he should start to feel that way too.  After a
month or so, try running the water and show him that water is OK too.
Also, is there a possibility that Crash could be deaf?  Spazzing is typical
of deaf ferrets.  (Check out Wolfys website) I found that with Mischief,
she started feeling a lot better if I would go in the bath tub with her
(water or not) and now she understands that its not going to hurt.  Plus,
she knows that if she goes outside, she has to get a bath, and so far the
trade off is OK with her.  Really, it will probably just take a while.

And everyone join me in saying **AMEN** to a litter box that bolts to the
cage like a food bowl !!!!!! (thanks Sheppard and Greene if you really will
make it, I will buy it!!)

Pam the hooman, and Skippy, Mischief, Abbygayle, Ruby, Carrot and Emmy