From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:30:56 -0500
I have a ferret named Sam.  He has always been a hisser.  He will hiss while
playing and he hisses at me when I have to get him down from someplace he
shouldn't be.  He doesn't dook at all he hisses.  With him it is more of a
challenge or a dissapointment.  Whe he is playing with the others and play
gets rough <G> he sill hiss as he leaps through the air and rolls the other
over.  It is quite comical with him.

My ferret Tikki never hisses and she means business.  There is never a
warning when she attacks on of the other ferrets that are not her cagemates.
Her attacks are quite serious.

You just have to watch and pay close attention and try to determine how the
hiss is intended.  Each ferret seems to have a different intent behind his
or her hiss.

Don't know if any of this makes sense or helps.  Good luck

Terry and the Sweet 16