From:
Georgette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 15:46:09 -0500
Okay, my SO (Dave) and I took Geisha back to the vet's on Saturday to have the
sutures taken out of her tummy, have her ears checked to be certain the ear
mites had cleared up, and to get her booster shots. Everything went well -
well, Geisha wasn't exactly impressed about the trip but, knock on wood, she
won't have to visit Dr. Axelson again for a year!

I have a few questions - now that her sutures are out, I feel it's okay to try
and get her used to the boys. My biggest problem is Nik - he seems to be
majorly jealous of the new addition. I've been trying to give him extra
attention, since he is kinda mommy's little baby but it doesn't really seem to
help. I may have to start spraying her with bitter apple or something like that
 cuz Nik just wants to grab her by the scruff and drag her around. He gets very
 upset when I'm holding her or try to stop him from bugging her too much. I
expect them to have little arguments and an adjustment period, but with three
to one odds, I'd just rather her not get hassled too much!

I may let them check her out one at a time and slowly bring out one more -
good idea?? Also, I'm moving on Friday - do you think since this new place
isn't anyone's turf, thing's will go more smoothly?

Also, I would like to try ferret food but I would need to get it in bulk -
I'm in Toronto - where's the nearest place that I could possibly do this? I
know that breeders would have to get the stuff in bulk and the small canisters
that the pet stores/vets sell wouldn't last very long at all with my four.

I think that's all for now - if not, you'll hear from me again real soon!!
Thanks!!!!!!