From:
Jalene Bowersmiph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 16:55:50 -0700
My boyfriend and I have pondered the sock fedish of our own ferret.  We
have come up with an interesting theory.  We feel that ferrets have been
designated as the equalizers of the "left sock phenomena".  I am sure you
have questioned the disapearance of left socks in the washer (or dryer, no
one seems to know which actually catches them) and the large number of left
socks found as road kill on the road at certain times of the year.  We
examined our ferret's store of socks on a raid one day and noticed that all
of the socks he had aquired were...  right socks.  Naturally we have
concluded that it is the job of certain ferrets to hid all of the right
socks which are missing their mate until they can be rejoined in "The Great
Unraveling" when all socks will become one.  :)

Hope this has helped to Enlighten!!!
Jay