From:
Jodie Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:35:40 EDT
Thank you, Ferret Hill, for the reminder about not having recliners in the
house if you have ferrets.  A person might be careful and remember to check
1000 times, but if you have that recliner in your house, it only takes one
innocent guest sitting in it, or one moment of forgetfulness to really
hurt, or even kill your babies.

I was lucky to have been told about this early on in my ferret life, so
haven't had to learn the hard way.  I had my recliner disconnected.  Now
it's just for sitting on.  My son thinks it's not fair, but he'll just have
to live with it.  That is one chance I'm not willing to take!

BTW, Thank you again to all who sent advice when my four were sick.  It is
so wonderful to have a house full of happy dancers again.  It took over a
month of daily hand-feeding, Pedialyte, forced meds and chicken gravy
(Ick).  It was exhausting and sometimes discouraging, but worth it all to
see these happy ferrets at last.  About a week ago they were finally able
to come out to play, but I knew the worst was over when I came home on
Saturday.  Weasel, my little girl who had been the sickest for the longest,
actually rattled her cage, demanding to be let out to play!!!  What a happy
sight compared to the limp, pathetic thing she'd been for so long.  Those
of you with sick kids, don't give up hope!!!  Thank you loving FMLers for
all your help and encouragement and BOO, HISS to the evil ECE!

Jodie
Weasel - I'm ready now!  Get all other ferrets! Bite them hard and hear
         them scream.
Jewel - I finally like these new friends.
Ruby Bell - Hey, why is Jewel snuggling with Big Boy?  He's my boyfriend!
Big Boy - Ladies, Ladies.  There's enough of me to go around.