From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:16:00 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

Caff-Pow has me baffled. He has started waiting until Todd is
stone-cold asleep in a ferret coma, and then he starts washing his
ears. Todd ignores him. Then Caff-Pow seems to get really upset. He
continues to lick both of Todds ears, one after the other. Then he
tries to drag Todd around by the ear, all the time making sad,
honking-crying noises. (Caff-Pow makes the noises, not Todd. Todd
just tries to sleep through this.) This goes on for five or ten
minutes at a crack.

Actually, it amazes me that Todd sleeps through this. I have looked at
this ears, and they don't seem in any way abused. Why Todd puts up with
it I have no idea. As I type, Caff-Pow is standing on top of a comatose
Todd, weeping and tugging at his ears. Honk! HonK! Honk!

What the hey?

I have heard a little about ear washing on the FML, but I have never
paid much attention. This is the first time that I have actually
witnessed it. And I would love an explanation!

Alexandra in MA