From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 03:00:26 -0400
Barb Clay writes;
>Of all the horrible pictures we have in the photo essay of this rescue,
>the one pic that brings me most forward in my anger is the one of Diana
>Bachman's ribbons stuffed into a cob webbed carrier

Barb I commend you and the countless others who rescued those ferrets
from the hell they were living in.  I however wanted to say that just
because Di went to shows and won ribbons does not mean that ferret shows
are not worth attending.  I have seen many posts on many different boards
blasting ferret shows as the cause or part of the cause for this kind of
situation.  I admit that trophies and ribbons probably were a driving
force in the situation Di Bachman had herself and those ferrets in.
However thousands of people attend ferrets shows nation wide and
thousands more enter ferrets in them.

I just want people to know that ferret shows can be a blast and you can
have a great time even when you don't bring home a ribbon.  I have read
over your comment a few times Barb and I just get the feeling that you
may perhaps be wanting to blame ferret shows for what happen in
Hagerstown.  The shows were not to blame, Di Bachman is.  Look past the
ribbons and blame the person responsible.  I know that the situations are
worlds apart but I couldn't help noticing that while I was at Rocky's you
had cobweb covered ribbons on the shelter wall.  You went to shows too
and didn't harm a ferret.  It's a personal issue with the owner not the
shows......

Big I know that this may seem like a blast of Barb Clay but is not.  I
simply want the people to know that shows did not do this.  I feel she
has a mental issue and she used the shows as a catalyst.  Ru mors run
rampant about almost 100% of all people who breed and show ferrets.  Ask
any breeder.  You will hear of inbreeding, forged vaccination re cords,
stolen animals, stolen breeding lines, cut throat tactics and on and on.
Then ask the same questions at dog, cat, and horse shows.  This is not a
new situation.  Sadly Di Bachman's life seemed to revolve around ferret
shows but even worse, she is not the only "Di Bachman" out there.

I in no way defend Di's actions.  I do however defend ferret shows.
That's just my opinion.....

[FH]