From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 22:44:08 -0400
Have you often fumed or raged about ferrets being banned anywhere?  Have
you said that you want to do something but you just didn't know what to do?
Have you wanted to do something more productive than griping?  This could
be your chance!  If you are in the NYC area, the critical hearing coming up
will be on June 3rd and I gather the time will be somewhere between 10 to
noon, in the Health Dept which is about 2 blocks from City Hall.  Gary
Kaskel will be posting the details soon so watch here and try to be at the
meeting!!!!!  It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that there be a GOOD TURNOUT, and
also that people find ways to illustrate that ferrets are not child
killers.  Gary has numbers to present and he HOPES to convince an expert
witness to travel to NYC and appear.

Right now I'm not sure that I can manage that day, but if I do, look out
for a bespectacled blonde approaching 50.  If Steve can do it he's 6'2"
with beard, glasses, and wavy chestnut hair.

Most of the arguments against ferrets have already been proven false, but
that fake "attack" stuff from CA is a remaining problem according to Gary
who has worked on this issue for a great many years.  IF YOU HAVE KIDS
BRING PICTURES OF YOUR KIDS CUDDLING, KISSING, PLAYING, AND SLEEPING WITH
THEIR FERRETS.  BETTER STILL, IF THEIR SCHEDULES ALLOW, BRING YOUR CHILDREN
ALONG WITH THEIR OWN LITTLE PRO-FERRET SIGNS OR SHIRTS.  With or without
children, a good turnout will make the difference.  This means that YOU ARE
NEEDED -- YOU ARE ESSENTIAL -- YOU CAN HELP TURN THE TIDE.  Please, help
change things in one of the last hold-outs against logic.  Please, SHOW UP,
and please, PASS THE WORD!!!!!!!!!

Sukie