From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:49:09 EST
Hi, as some of you may know I work for a Petsmart in Las Vegas.  I just
got promoted to the store Customer Service Manager.  I will talk to my
store director and tell her about the info on the website.  I'm sure we
can e mail someone directy and have the info changed.  Petsmart does not
sell ferrets so they do not know much about them, but I know they will
change any incorrect info if it is brought to their attention.  Please let
me know when this is corrected as I don't have much time for the computer.

Also I work with a girl whos mom is a manager of a pet store here in town.
she let me know that they will no longer be selling ferrets, and refering
everyone to my shelter.

The reason being is when they called MF to order their baby ferrets, they
were informed that Mf will now charge shipping and that the price of the
kits has gone up.  so the store decided to just not carry them anymore.

I hope that this info is true.  The way I see it is either pet stores will
not carry ferrets, or the price will go up enough to discourage people
from buying a ferret on a whim.  These are only my hopes but less ferrets
sold to people that don't keep pets forever, the less we will see in
shelters.  If anyone knows if this is right or wrong, please let us know.
I don't want to spread any wrong info to anyone.

Thank you,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Las Vegas, Nv.