From:
John Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:48:30 -0500
Hello all,

It's been over 2 years since I took my leave of the list.  It took a very
long time to get back to an even keel after losing my Nikita to kidney
failure/congestive heart failure.  I placed her to rest in my family home
backyard next to her sister, Akasha, who had passed two years earlier
from cancer.  I visit them as often as I can -- I sure miss them, and
hope that they are well cared for and with each other at the Rainbow
Bridge.  They'll always be with me in spirit until we can have the real
thing again.

It's only in the last month or two that I made the decision to go forward
and adopt a new fuzzy or three.  I still get a guilty feeling, but I'm
hoping that won't last after the new companions arrive.  However, I have
moved from Philadelphia to New Haven, CT and don't know too much about
the local ferret culture.  Before I can take care of a new bunch of
fuzzies, I was hoping some of you could point me in the direction of an
outstanding ferret vet or two.  The closer to New Haven, the better,
although I am willing to travel if needs be (I'd rather travel 45 min.
to a great vet than 10 min.  to a less-experienced doctor).  We have some
great docs in the Philly area -- I'm hoping the same can be said for the
Constitution State.

Also, any suggestions for ferret shelters looking to adopt out some
ferrets would be appreciated.  Again, it can be anywhere from New Haven
to Hartford to any other place in CT.

I look forward to catching up with all the current exploits.

best,
John Hines