From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:43:39 -0500
>From:    Angie Aldridge <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: meaning of tattoos?
>
>I've heard some people quote that their ferret is a Marshall-tattooed
>ferret.  Is there an explanation behind these so-called tattoos?
>
>BTW, my newly adopted sable ferret, Roscoe, has 2 black-dot tattoos in
>his right ear & I was curious what does that mean?

Your second question answers your first one.  The two black dots in the
right ear mean your Roscoe comes from Marshall farms.  A Marshall ferret
will always have the two black dots in the right ear and may have a
single black dot between two back toes.  That one tells Marshall which
tech did the neuter and descent operation if a problem ever arrises.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if photos of your mama were taken from the front and side.