From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:57:21 -0500
I just got back from the vet with Sampson.  It isn't anywhere near good.
I don't know what to do.

We did an aspirate of the cyst.  It is blood.  We can't drain it or Sampson
will die from the hypovolemic shock.  It is bigger than it was.  It is
almost the size of a soft ball.  About 50% of his body weight.  Seems there
is a tumor in it that keeps rupturing blood vessels.  I don't know whether
it is malignant or not.

Really I guess it doesn't matter.  The vet is going to call me back later
this after noon.  The cyst is dragging on the ground now, and has two spots
where there are sores from it rubbing.  I can't take the risk that one or
both of those open up and he bleeds to death.

Going to talk to Sonny tonight when he gets home as to what we are going
to do.  That is only fair since Sampson is technically Sonny's ferret.

I did have a talk with him about the bridge, he looked like he was
listening to me too.  This is so damned hard, but I know what needs to
be done.

Hugz,

--
Fuzzie Dad