From:
"Bill Looyen. (Ferretologist)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 23:46:30 +1300
>I noticed he wasn't eating/drinking/pooping.  was very very dark brown
>(almost black) and like liquid.

To Christine.

In my experience keeping a great number of ferrets, I always keep some
antibiotics on hand.  Your description in isolating him for observation is
the routine I use, even for a few day's.  In this case I would start
immediately with 1/4 cc Clavulox syrup (modified Amoxylin) 3x- day for 3
day's and thereafter 2x-day.  Most ferrets love the taste of this product
and will cause no stress.  If after about 3 day's there is no improvement,
the situation will have to be reassessed, but if there is some improvement
do NOT stop the medication to soon it could mean a relapse later on.

All the best  from BILL