Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 10:53:13 -0500
Hi all.

It is wiith a sad and heavy heart that my sweet miracle boy Gus was
helped to the bridge on Dec 17, 2007 at 7pm. One day soon I will tell
his amazing story but I just cant do it now. He was at least 9 years
old. I have already given most of his 12 meds to Oxford Ferret Rescue
but I have 1 left that I am hoping someone can use.

Its bicalutimide, 16mg/ml, chicken flavor. Gus was on this to keep his
prostate from swelling so he didnt get a urinary blockage. He had a
cancerous left adrenal removed over 14 months ago and had blocked
several times before surgery and was on this medicine for his life. He
took 0.4ml every day every other week. This medicine is VERY expensive
and only good for 2 months. I bought this 2 weeks ago for almost $100,
its 10ml. The bottle has not even been opened since Gus was due to
start back on this medicine on Friday Dec. 21. If any shelter can use
this I would be glad to send it for free to your vet. If anyone else
can use this med I would be willing to send it for a fraction of its
cost. I dont want it to go to waste and hope there is someone whose
ferret is on this medicine!

Please email me and let me know as soon as you can at this email or

Lisa
AFA Education Director
Oxford Ferret Rescue Volunteer

The words of a Bon Jovi song keep running through my head: "I have
cried a thousand rivers." God speed my sweet Gus until we meet again!
I love you more than you can possibly imagine!!!