From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:55:32 -0400
Last night-around midnight, I had a few computer things I needed to finish
up.  The boys were asleep in their cage, but Tyson stirred and looked at me
with beggin' eyes so I decided to let him out for a little while.  He
really should have been in bed, but he is such a goodboy and sometimes a
late-night romp can be fun!!  (hehe) So out he comes and immediately finds
a toy.  About 10 minutes later, I have to go to the bathroom.  I just left
him on the floor in the office as he was engrossed in his new string knot
and I know he can't make it over the gate.  Einstein would not be left
alone for a second as there hasn't been a gate made that he can't get over,
under, around or otherwise through!!  But Tyson, well, he can't jump but
two inches off the ground and his top speed is about....slow!!  I was gone
maybe 2 minutes and when I returned Tyson was nowhere to be found.  Einy
was still zonked in the cage-but Tyson was gone!!  I called and called
and looked and looked!  Got on my hands and knees and searched the known
hideyholes in the office-nothing!!  No Tyson!  So I am thinking that maybe,
just maybe he has had me fooled all this time and he really can go over the
gate!  Maybe Einstein finally taught him how to do it!  The gate blocks
the door to the livingroom-so out there I go!  Again on my hands and knees
calling "Tyson"!!!  Checked all the hideyholes-nothing white or furry was
found!  Now I am wondering-if me made it over the office gate-then he could
possibly have gone over the livingroom gate into the dining room.  Or over
the gate into the kitchen!  Or maybe even the upstairs gate!!!  I hunted
and hunted for close to 20 minutes!  No sign of him anywhere-not even in
the beds upstairs!!  My husband asks with a sleepheavy voice, "What the
hell you doing, woman?"!  I said-"nothing!!  Go back to sleep!"  So back to
the office I go-desperate and on the verge of tears!  I climb the gate and
in MY chair a little white head with a precious pink nose pops up!!

"Tyson!!" I exclaimed!!  I went and sat on the floor and laid my head on
him!!  I have a little blanket I like to sit on when I am in this chair
and he must have jumped up to snuggle in it when I left the room!!  He
loves to snuggle-I should have been smart enough to check the chair
FIRST!!!!  Anyway, as I laid my head on him and shed some small tears of
relief, I swear I heard him whisper in my ear-"I wasn't the one lost, Mom,
you were!!"

DELLA and the TUMBLEWEEDS
Judy Cooke
Tyson and Einstein