From:
Anje Duckels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:58:26 -0800
After months of not being sure we are finally 100% certain our beloved
Roscoe (7 this year) has adrenal disease. Last spring he lost some hair
and we thought (and were told) that it was due to some less then great
food and thanks to wonderful helpers of great quality food all of our
group have improved and are on the mend in a big way, all except
Roscoe. His hair has continued to fall out and his dry bald skin no
longer hides his thin frame despite having the best food available.
He has been picking fights and now most days nobody else will sleep
next to him to keep him warm. He has chewed off 3 coats and countless
attempts to repair them and he needs medicine. The only vet within any
distance (100+ miles) of my house that sees ferrets wants to charge me
$60 just to tell me that he is sick (that is before they help him in
any way) and by now all of you know what I do is that he is sick and
I am certain that he needs lupron ASAP. Last week my husband was
diagnosed with diabetes (he is 36) and spent the better part of the
week in the hospital so with co payments and missing work we have even
less this Christmas then we thought so it is not fair Roscoe should
suffer human problems. I know a vet across the state and a person going
his way who said he would work out in trade for putting in the implant
but I would have to furnish it. So all I want for Christmas is a single
implant to help Roscoe feel better until (we are moving to Houston in
March) we can get him to a vet who can offer real help and hopefully a
payment plan for surgery. If you have extra this Christmas and can send
one my way please think of helping poor sweet Roscoe, I can not afford
much in return but could pay shipping if needed. Of course any advice
on making him more comfy would also be most welcomed as we have never
had to deal with this before.

Anje Duckels