From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:38:53 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was cleaning up her
cottage as usual. When you has two kits, its a never-ending job. Den
she heard a knocking at de door. She opened de door to see Mimi, de
little girl courier, with a note in her paw.

"Hi SaraFerret, I have a message from the Boss. A ferret named Zeus
is getting ready to cross the bridge and I made a special trip by his
group to pick up his friends. I hope you don't mind me doing that in
advance."

Mimi handed her de note and she quickly read it. Den she sent her with
some of de fuzzies she brought along to dere appointed places and she
took de other one and headed for de entrance, and asked him to remain
in de shadows until she introduced herself.

I was just in time to see de Angel of Mercy bring de little fuzzy to de
entrance as it seemed he was unable to walk dat last little sad walk
across de bridge. I introduced myself.

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering and you will run on green grass forever. You will play
with lotsa friends and have lotsa of fun and play games."

De little fuzzy looked at me and said, "Uh, my name is Zeus. I will
just settle for being able to move and not going all over myself. Do
you think you can help me?"

Just den Artie, his best buddy, stepped out of de shadows, and ran to
him and put his paws around him and said,

"Hi Zeus old buddy, see I am here and lotsa of our friends are here.
You can just get up and move around and you won't hurt anymore."

And before you could say POOF! Zeus was up and moving around and
stretching his legs and den he started to dance and he danced with
Artie for such a long time until I called a halt to de celebration.
Den Artie remembered something important,

"Zeus, do you see these wings on my shoulders? You are gonna get your
very own special pair of these. They are perfect for flying about the
heavens, sure beats hopping from cloud to cloud."

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of course).
He opened de box and took out de wings -- Lavender with pink streaks --
perfect for a fuzzy who had fought so hard. I helped him put on his
wings and Artie adjusted his halo. Den Zeus ran to de big vanity mirror
and gazed at his reflection. My what a handsome fuzzy he was. Den he
turned to me and said, "Gee, I wish Mommy and Daddy could see me now."
Den I gots an idea.

As we went out de door, we were met by Ricky, Helena, and Laina, all
fuzzies who had crossed before him. Now he knew he was really not alone
here. So our little group continued on down de path to de Misting Pond.
We sat down beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw a
vision of Mommy and Daddy appear. Zeus got so excited dat he started
waving and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me and rescuing me. Thank you
for helping me to cross, I was hurting but I just didn't want you to
know, I just hid it like I always did. I knew that you were happiest
when I danced and dooked for you. That is what I was meant to do. And
when I couldn't be happy anymore it was time for me to leave. Please
love others like you did me. I don't hurt anymore and I can dance now.
I has wings now and soon I will be able to fly. Oh yeah, all my friends
are here too."

Den Zeus began to throw hugs, kisses, and promises to visit one day in
a dream and wrapped dem with all of his love and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by de time you should
read dis it should have landed dere. And with another swish de vision
was gone.

So we left and went down de road to dere cottage and what do you know.
We saw Sinbad da Kat with a sign waving from his tail, "Welcome Zeus."
Zeus fell down laughing at de sight of de cat with de sign. We could
hear music playing and as we got to the cottage we could see a picnic
laid out. There were fuzzies all over the place. Friends of all had
come from far and wide to welcome Zeus. Zeus was truly amazed at de
food dat was laid out. All sorts of food dat had been forbidden on
earth like chocolate m&m's, chocolate ice cream, things like that,
oh yeah, ice cold pepsis (how could I forget dat). Zeus and all were
chatting about Mommy and Daddy and all dat had happened on earth, sorta
like catching up on old times. I was invited to stay, but I knew Zeus
would be just fine. I gave him a hug and headed for home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter