Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 1995 00:28:00 -0800
To R. Ruiz and any others in CA or interested in helping:
There are 2 organizations in CA that are working for legalization.
Ferrets Anonymous, PO Box 3395, San Diego CA 92163; (619) 497-1084 (fax
or voice/answering machine).
California Domestic Ferret Association, PO Box 1868, Healdsburg CA
95448.
For those of you that have a local BBS using WWIV software, FA got a sub
board started on IDEA BBS ( (619) 220-0136) which is echoed on WWIV-Net.
So if your local WWIV BBS doesn't carry the Ferret Legalization Update
sub, it is available on WWIV-Net and you may be able to talk the SysOp
into carrying it.  The cost of mailings and long distance phone calls
trying to organize support for legalization has been a real financial
strain on FA (and I assume CDFA, too), so I would encourage any of you
who are lucky-to-be-legal and feel inclined to support the cause to send
something to either or both organizations.  (end-of-plea, w/ apology).

Several have asked about ferret calendars:
FerretWorks , PO Box 2463, Martinez CA 94553 is selling calendars with
"13 full color ferret pictures" for 12.95 "+ S&H"  (+ 8.25% tax for CA
residents).  I haven't seen the calendars so I can't describe or vouch
for them.  I don't know what S&H surcharge they feel justified in
charging - you may need to call them at (510) 228-3619 to find out.

This is getting too long.  Will try to post again soon.  And introduce
my rugrats.  Until we are legal, I'll be your "FA Link".  Thank you all
for being there (especially you, BIG). It provides a sense of community
in a desolate FFZ.                                     -- FA Link