From:
"Cher R. Clarke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:49:08 -0600
Howdy.  I like the re-intro idea; nice break from some heated debates.

I'm Cher the lawyer.  I defend men on death row in Illinois.  I'm also Cher
the firefighter, EMT, rescue diver, waitress, tax preparer, sales clerk,
seamstress, and that-ferret-lady.  I live in a tiny village in southeast
Wisconsin.  I used to be part of a couple, but now it's just me and the
critters.

Currently eight ferrets live with me.  Four others have passed away.  Rikki
and Beaubeaux came first.  They are fat-n-sassy 2yo sables of MF origin.
Rikki is the alpha and omega, the one who races over during playtime to make
sure I'm having fun, too.  She's the best kisser, and when one of the older
ferrets passes away, she comforts me by being lap-ferret-for-a- week.
Beaubeaux was the only male for a year; now he's one-a-da-boyz.

Gracie and Hermann we adopted.  Gracie (a silvery sable) lived with a friend
for a year, but he wasn't allowed to take her back to Vegas (remember?), so
she stayed on.  Then he moved to CACA, so she's still with me.  She got
depressed when he left her, but she's much better now.  She's always been
tiny, but this year (she's turning 4) she's actually porking up.  Hermann is
the albino (3yo).  She's very strong-willed and an excellent trouser-climber.

Shasta and Pahzuzu were abandoned in a friend's garage.  Shasta refused to
eat at first and got quite sick, but she's all better, big as Rikki.
Shasta's a 2yo sable, and Pahzuzu is a 3yo sable shetland.  Shasta has a
penchant for rubber.  She climbs the full 8 ft. height of the cat tree
(really ticks off the cat) to gnaw at the rubber stopper at the ceiling.
I've inspected carefully; she can't actually get at it.  She once clawed
nearly through a pair of pants to get at the rubber gloves in the pocket.
Pahzuzu is a reformed nose-biter.  She's also very independent.  She and
Hermann remind me of Bart Simpson's two chain-smoking man-hating aunts.

Bubbabear (cinnamon) came from the GCFA show.  A breeder gave him to me
because the breeder thought he had cancer; he doesn't.  Now he's neutered
and pack-runs with Beaubeaux and Rizzo (da boyz).  Bubbabear dooks
constantly.  He talks to me, the other ferrets, the cat, the dog, the
furniture, the ethers.  He has a teddybear face and a bubba demeanor.

Finally, Rizzo was recently given to me by a lady who didn't have time for
him.  He's a big, beautiful silver, and his new trick (?) is to position
himself between me and anyone who comes into our home, hissing and
chattering defensively.  I move, he moves.  I pick him up and introduce him,
and he chills out.  His name is Arizona, but Rizzo fits better.

Cat's name is Cat, and Dog's name is Jake Marley.  Jake has only been here a
few days, and he's not working out.  He's terrified of the ferrets and hates
the cat.  He insists on frequent walks (6x daily) but only poops in the
kitchen.  He's going back to his fomrer residence in Chicago (a friend's
house).

Would it depress us all to post intros of our ferrets-gone-by?  Maybe I'll
put that up tomorrow.

Cher

       Cher R. Clarke         |     Law Office of Cher R. Clarke

       [log in to unmask]     |     http://www.clarkenet.org/crc

               What if they gave a fire and nobody came?
                Support your volunteer fire department.