From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2013 22:04:37 -0400
Eduardo Zeppelin-Godzilla von Sockslayer is not doing well. I posted
about him some time ago, and he has never recovered from that initial
problem-- which we never definitively found a diagnosis for. He's
lost most of his hair (though in the opposite of the typical adrenal
pattern-- everywhere *except* his shoulders, face, and tail). What's
odd about that is after being shaved for his ultrasound and blood draw
months ago, the hair just never grew back and the bald patches spread.
He's had near-constant runs with the occasional normal poop. Nothing of
note has shown up on ultrasound, X-ray, fecal, or bloodwork. Adrenals
looked fine, though he has had Lupron and a melatonin implant for a
while now. We tried him on various meds to at least stop the runs--
nothing. He's dropped a ton of weight; he used to be my little tank but
it's like his food barely stops in his belly. Gave Prednisolone a shot
for a while (slightly elevated BG at one blood draw, plus the doc was
hoping the steroid would help his inflamed guts-- I think we were kinda
grasping by that point). The vet thought possibly inflammatory bowel
disease. Nothing. Helped.

He's had ups and downs, but up til the past week or so he at least
still seemed happy. He'd eat his food and duck soup happily (got very
good at telling time for it!) and would trot around the house a little
before going back to bed. Now, I'm really beginning to question how
much longer I have with him. He's gotten very weak, to the point where
I have to steady him so he doesn't fall over into his soup, or just
hold him in my lap. He sometimes seems disoriented. I'm having trouble
getting him to eat anything but soup, though he's still snork that down
pretty well. I'm reaching the point where I weigh whether I'm being
selfish in wanting to keep him with me when I can see the fight going
out of him. I'm sorry this is so long. Thank you for reading/listening.

Rachel, Vally, Asa, and Eddie