From:
Kylie Preisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:15:00 -0800
I called the Queensland Parks and Wildlife and they have had calls from all
over Australia wanting to take in the ferret.  A local radio station has
started a save the ferret campaign.  I just saw a TV news article that
interviewed a woman who wants to send the ferret to her son in Adelaide.
The son left Queensland as he was caught with ferrets.

I left my details, but goodness knows how they'll choose someone to take
the ferret if they don't put it down.

I also told the person I spoke to that I want to talk to someone about
setting up permanent arrangements for getting ferrets out of state - not
just the famous ones.

Some more articles:
http://www.ten.com.au/webCh10/Admin/NewsSport/NewsSport/
viewnewssport.asp?NewsID=4526