From:
Vickie LoMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:48:04 -0500
I haven't updated anyone in a while on Moogie, and I really ought to
because I got so many nice responses from everyone when he was first
diagnosed insulinomic.  He's GREAT!  You might recall that he was very very
thin and near death, and I think probably malnourished for most of his life
(I believe he was raised on dog food), with a very short thin dry brittle
coat and trouble getting around.  He's been on prednisone for some time
now, and I'm still keeping him seperated from our other three ferrets (he
fights).  He's gained enough weight that he's getting little fat rolls
around his belly, though, and he seems to feel good.  He plays bunches,
wardances and dooks, and his coat has gotten longer, thicker, silkier, and
darker.  I'm really pleased with the little guy's progress.  Of course, in
spite of the fact that I'm the one who handfeeds him every day, my little
girl is still the only one he kisses on all the time!  She's five, and is
extremely pleased with herself that Moogie 'prefers' her to be his 'mommy'.
Too cute!