From:
DTHOMASON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 3 May 1994 21:14:03 -0400
Charles & Jennifer--
      What you're describing sounds like normal post-bath behavior
for a ferret!  All four of mine do this.  They hop, flop, rub, and
roll like a mad thing, tails all bottle-brushed, and ready to wrestle
anything in sight.  We usually towel them off as well as we can
before they escape us, letting them land on the bed when they wiggle
free.  On the bed are piles of dry towels, blankets, etc. for the
mad, wet, ferrets to rub themselves dry on.  They usually run wild
for the next 2 hours or so after their bath and then sleep like the
dead for about a day to a day-and-a-half.  I think your baby is fine.
It is possible that the extra chewing at her fur may indicate some
skin irritation.  Try the PPP Ferret Shampoo.  It's available from
several of the ferret clubs and ferret product sales groups, as well
as some pet stores (one near me carries it).  I suggest you get the
STAR* Database listing.  It has the info for the manufacturer of the
PPP shampoo as well as contact info for lots of clubs and places
selling ferret related products.  To receive the database as an
E-mail, send E-mail to this address:

and put this single line in the body:

GET FERRET DATABASE

Hope this helps!